After watching episode after episode of Cupcake Wars (yap, she indulges in trashy shows), Mummy developed an itch for baking.
So, naturally, that means more home made goodies for us!
Introducing our very own Dog-friendly Pumpkin Pork Cookies!
And trust us, it is outta the world!
What you need:
This makes about 80 cookies!
(Yap, Mummy’s trying to kill us with cookies. But hey, we ain’t complaining.)
3 cups of wheat flour (replace this with a grain-free flour if your dog is prone to allergies)
300g of lean pork
One half of a pumpkin
2 tablespoons of parsley
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Do keep some water and excess flour on hand too.
And we shall not forget the most important tool of the day – dog-shaped cookie cutters from Muji!
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degree Celsius.
2. Cut both the pumpkin and lean pork meat into slices and boil till soft and cooked.
3. Blend the mixture into puree form.
4. Pour the puree, flour, egg, parsley and coconut oil into a mixture and combine until a dough comes together. (Add water if the dough is too loose and add more flour is its too sticky.)
5. Transfer the dough onto a clean surface and roll it to a 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Use a cutter to cut out the cookies.
7. Brush some coconut oil on the dough to help with the baking.
8. Stick the tray into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
9.Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature before offering one to your pooch!
Don’t forget to keep the remaining cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge! (They can last about two weeks)
To ensure that the cookies bake and cool thoroughly, Mummy kept the tray overnight in the oven.
And that was one torturous process.
We were pretty tempted to camp in our sleeping beds in front of the oven, but we caved in to the temptation of the air-conditioner.
As you can see, Mummy isn’t that awesome a baker (yet).
But one thing we can be sure of, it definitely tasted better than it looked!
Needless to say, our favourite shape had to be this:
To be honest, I was a little concerned about eating them.
I mean, I felt kinda bad that I will be eating my own kind!
Of course, Pecan ah ma didn’t give a hoot.
Seeing her gobble cookie after cookie, I quickly decided to hop on the band wagon as well.
And all I can say is..
I never looked back.
PS: Thanks God Daddy for lending a hand in the baking. Else we can only imagine what a disaster it would be!